Does your organization believe it may have been subject to fraud, corruption or employee misconduct? Is it concerned that its IP may have been stolen? Does it face a possible regulatory enquiry? If so, you need to establish the facts to enable you to assume control of what can be a difficult situation. Warfield & Associates has the skills and experience to help you respond quickly and effectively to these challenges.
The ultimate success of an investigation depends on thorough planning and careful execution. Our investigation approach helps you improve the likelihood of a successful and effective outcome.
We help clients to establish the facts, find out what has gone wrong by interviewing witnesses and possible suspects and collecting information from your records including computer records. This will assist you in recovering stolen assets, making an insurance claim if required and taking disciplinary action or commencing legal proceedings against the parties involved.
As part of our investigations we can:
- Interview witnesses who may have knowledge to support the investigation and obtain statements
- Collect, collate, secure and analyze evidence
- Trace funds / assets / goods
- Liaise with in-house and external counsel
- Liaise with law enforcement and regulatory bodies
- Organize a forensic examination of computer systems
- Develop a strategy to continue the conduct of the investigation
- Establish the quantum of loss
- Provide evidence to support a claim against an organization's fidelity insurance policy
- Assist in the preparation of a Statement of Claim
- Prepare a brief of evidence to be used in legal proceedings
We work to ensure confidentiality, compliance with legal and ethical guidelines and help you in managing your reputational risk.
We would be happy to discuss your concerns with you on a confidential basis. We have the experience to assist you with:
- Investigations of unethical behaviour - investigating allegations of improper conduct within an organization.
- Fraud investigation - determining the facts of suspected fraudulent activity within or against organizations.
- Intellectual property investigations - investigating the theft of IP and other intangible assets.
- Investigating breaches of ASX disclosure guidelines and Corporations Law.
- Determining the likely sender of malicious emails and communications.